There are many reasons I love Aveda products: the smell, the ingredients, the quality etc.
What is most noteworthy is the mission statement of Aveda:
Aveda, who partners with salon and spa professionals around the world, sees beauty as a craft, not as a product result. Aveda beauty professionals are unique in the industry for their pursuit of a higher art: helping make their clients not only look beautiful, but feel beautiful. This selfless quest to bring out the beauty in their client through genuine care, differs from beauty industry norms.
Empowered by its unique Mission, Aveda believes that authentic beauty is one that works in harmony with the greater web of life. It does not qualify as beauty if it hurts any of the diverse life forms that the best beauty artist of all, Nature, created. Authentic Beauty cares for the environment which we inherited from elders and will leave to generations that follow us. Beauty cares for the society in which we live, enhancing harmony in the way we live and interact with one another as human beings. In order to be Beauty, it also needs to be Good. Beauty is the result, but also the process followed in pursuing that result.
Said simply, Beauty Is As Beauty Does.
-Dominique Conseil, President
Now here are some of my favourite Aveda products:
- Blue Oil Balancing Concentrate (great for headaches, stress and sinus presure). Caution: Wash hands well after use as this stuff is minty and you don’t want to get it in your eyes or other areas!
- Brilliant Medium Hold Hair Spray (lots of hold and no stiffness)
- Phomollient Styling Foam (great for fine hair)
- Shampure Shampoo & Conditioner (smells sooo good!)
- Volumizing Tonic
- Hand Relief (Saves Dry Hands and makes and awesome gift)
- Foot Relief (Love this lotion! It has lavender and rosemary oils)
- Rosemary Mint Body Lotion (awesome in the summer -Cools and revitalizes skin with menthol )
- Rosemary Mint Shampoo & Conditioner (Wakes up your scalp)
- Aveda Comforting Tea (herbal infusion of licorice root and peppermint)